House Of Random

Friday, February 24, 2006


New Rage

Today I have "iPod Rage". Following on from road rage, phone rage, air rage and all the other rages I would like to introduce "iPod Rage".

I charged my iPod on Wednesday night, listened to my iPod on the way to work Thursday and then the way home. I woke up this morning and wanted to listen to it but it ran out of battery.

Why? Because Apple insist on having this "instant-on" thing where it is just ready to fly the moment you hit play. Only this means that it constantly spins the hard drive and drains the battery. Couple that with the fact I want to wear my beloved HD200s because they are waaay better than the Apple headphones, but the iPod has a hard time driving them at a reasoanble level (despite 20dB attentuation of ambient noise).

I am prepared to wait for the thing to start up, honestly, a few boot up seconds are fine, as long as I can guaruntee more than 40 minutes listening time in two days. I mean, honestly, my MiniDisc player runs on 1 AA battery and so far has lasted 18 hours and I've listened to it on and off for a week. It will probably last another 18 hours before I have to change it.

So yes, this morning I wanted to smash the little white brick against the floor in a fit of rage. That said, my beautiful white headphones kept my neck warm - how cold was it today?!

1 Comments:

  • I think I may have spent too much time with you. I have just realised that it is nearly 4:30 in the afternoon and I have been sitting at my desk all day surfing the net, listening to new music and wearing a pair of Sennheisers round my neck - AGH!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, March 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Words, thoughts, dreams & ideas, dirtySi, London, UK, from the year 2005 onward