House Of Random

Thursday, February 09, 2006


Welcome back to my ears good friend!

I love Trance music. I do, I absolutely love it. It's been such a neglected style of music for so long. Too much polluted by over production, or candy piss-trance the likes of which so burned and hurt my ears and my love for the legacy of the 1998-2001 "Golden Age". But there is still great music out there, it just takes longer to turn up. So last night, after gathering new Trance for a few months I did my first Trance set since 2005. And as I threw the records on, as I really started to get into it, I could barely mix for at each breakdown and drop my hands would launch ever skywards and I would lose control. This friday I'm going to see Ferry Corsten at Turnmills.

I can't wait!

On selecting the style of mix to do last night I asked Teeg his advice. He told me to "Choose Trance". Which made me laugh and reminded me of the opening monologue from Trainspotting. So I made my own...

Choose Trance
Choose an f-ing epic breakdown
Choose lager and glowsticks and stupid flashing lights
Choose a field, fill it with speakers and podiums and huge bloody fairground rides
Choose a dj, choose a bag of 12 inches,
Choose waiting hours in line drinking litres of vodka and coke
Then chugging p!ss from £4 cans to get drunk enough to dance like a lunatic
Choose a snare roll and a stilted vocal about beautiful sunsets and lamentation for the loss of summer love
Choose a mindless waving of arms and legs
Choose Trance

But Dave reminded me of some other classic moments inspired by my pursuit of the music...

Choose Bitter Lemon & Vodka
Choose waking up in a stream
Choose memory loss after 1/2 a crate of lager
Choose abusing middle aged women with goofy teeth
Choose a kg of pasta and 70cl of gin
Choose talking codshit to big name DJs
Choose being the only two people dancing in a festival arena
Choose Dance

Such great times! More please!

For my favourite tunes at the moment, check out Tunes of Note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Words, thoughts, dreams & ideas, dirtySi, London, UK, from the year 2005 onward