House Of Random

Wednesday, August 24, 2005


It's hot milk & burnt beans damnit!

So, yes I'm getting used to the fact that a latte is more expensive than a pint of lager. I mean, seriously, a grande verti or whatever is what, 16oz? Isn't taht about a pint? And aren't they approaching £3 (more in $tarbuck$). That's crazy! Do people realise they're ordering a pint of coffee?

Soon we'll be getting it draught in the local. In fact I'm sure there are many that already do it. And shots of coffee, or "expresso" as it's known. Well they're everywhere, and I know I can get vodka cheaper. I bet we'll soon be ordering an "expresso vodka" as the description enters the venacular. Maybe we'll even start navigating by coffee houses rather than pubs.
And seriously, this observation and subsequent "how did that happen" rant is based soley on the fact that a Tesco near me now has a label on the coffee jars that says "these products are security protected". What next? Are we going to get the "hard-stuff" like Alta Rica behind the counter?

Anyhow, I'm off for a latte. Anyone lend me a fiver?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Words, thoughts, dreams & ideas, dirtySi, London, UK, from the year 2005 onward