House Of Random

Thursday, December 29, 2005


Holiday Recap

So... time for a few snaps that showcase my festive season thus far, and before the crazy New Year's Eve parties!



This is... me meeting my Australian namesake. Yes, it's a picture of the muppets... and Simon & Simon. Look closer and you'll see I meant the real muppets - great food and conversation at Picadilly's TGI Friday's. We think we maybe related, but distantly, courtesy of some shared family ties to Yorkshire.



The lovely Bronwen - it's the Office Christmas lunch - we had a great lunch and then finished it off in a nearby drinker... and great fun it was too. Bronwen got plenty drunk, and had a plane to Australia to catch the next day. Had she packed? What do you think...?!



Next up was the "proper" departmental Christmas do. And it was fantastic. It was held at a swanky club in London called Tantra, owned by the Feneo group. It was very plush. We were lucky to have a tab behind the bar for most of the night on beer and wine. If you strayed you got stung - £8 for a shot of vodka!



Kirsty. I love you. You're hilarious.



Drinks at lunchtime? Christmas at work is a pleasant experience...!



Then it was back to the folks to enjoy Christmas. It was white on Tuesday, which was great! Dad went into hospital again, which is sad, and hard on the poor bugger. Hospitals suck anytime of year. Here's to his speedy recovery!



This horse toy makes me laugh every single time I look at it. I have no idea why, probably something to do with his googly eyes. Can I say 'googly' these days? Is it copyright?



Sometimes I like to try and be a bit "arty" with the ol' digicam. It's your decision whether I pass or fail...



Party Haze after one too many glasses of Glühwein! For those of you that have never tried it, it's a type of mulled wine from Germany. Nothing that makes me feel more Christamssy (and merry) than a good dose of mulled wine!



Then it's back to the Girlfriend's for another Christams dinner, this time in honour of Alexandria & myself. Alex is the Girlfriend's brother's girlfriend. It was a lovely evening.



A few of the above... (yes, yes I was being arty again)



And time for bed...



Just a final note... Girlfriend got me a wonderful gift this year... a proper print of my favourite painting, Red, Yellow, Blue (above), by Wassily Kandinsky. Awesome.



Hope eveyone had a wonderful festive season, and look out for an update after the mad New Year's - I'm Djing, so if you're coming down, then come say hey and I'll throw a tune on for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Words, thoughts, dreams & ideas, dirtySi, London, UK, from the year 2005 onward