House Of Random

Wednesday, December 14, 2005


Hey pussy give me back my mouth lizard

So, really, this blogging lark, what's it all about. I love it, but at the same time I cannot find enough time to post all my thoughts online. It's true that the stories and the rants get the most interest, and maybe that's what I should post, interesting debates and such like. But wow, how much *time* does it take to get it all out! I need a brain dump. That's what I need.

Man it's cold. Was thinking today that a way of remotely controlling my heating and electricity via the internt or proximity of a key device or something might save shit loads of energy and ensure that I had tea or coffee waiting when I got home. Or a chilled pint if my stuff knew I'd had a shit/fantastic day.

Maybe it could order me pizza.

I'm heating up Monday's pizza right now. Deciding how to spend the next few hours. Might do a mix, that'd be cool. Yes I think I'll do that.

What else? Thanks for the comments on iPods, Pat. I so know what you're talking about. Poor Apple worshippers - you really don't know what you are doing. We need to watch out for evil companies. That said I am liking google more, making my homepage an online aggregator for RSS was fantastic, and adding headlines to Gmail was great. when are they going to implement that in IE? Come on MS, let's have IE 7. Firefox is toss, it really is - the memory leaks in it are hilarious. Run it tabbed and it'll fail to dump out the memeory when it's done. How silly, 140Mb of memory for 3 web pages? Feck off with that. My friends are now running it in non-tab mode. Save for mouse gestures and some of the neater plugins it's gonna lose out to IE. Hurrah! And I hate Firefox because it is used by *I love linux, everything else is shit* techies. They piss me off. Linux is hard to use, set up and maintain. That's why people get paid a lot of money to be sysadmins. Hell Windows is a bit toss sometimes but I can use it quicker than linux. And I hate Vi. Standards people - let's invent some and stick to them!

On to things I like. Numark CD players & Stanton decks, and my new Numark DXM09 mixer - BEAUTIFUL. LOVE THEM. Well designed, sensible, useful, good looking functional, useable technology.

Where's my Sony Ericsson phone? That's right, I'm stamping on it.

Right, time to eat the pizza. Someone please work out a better way for me to cook and lead my busy life more effectively!

Woohooo, I am a traffic cone///////////

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Words, thoughts, dreams & ideas, dirtySi, London, UK, from the year 2005 onward