House Of Random

Monday, November 21, 2005


Liquid Breakfast

So anyway, quote of the weekend goes to the lovely Clara. Seated, as we were, in the pub on Saturday afternoon, watching rugby, she turns to me and observes my choice of beverage. We'd been there about an hour. We'd arrived to watch the England-All Blacks game, and chosen our first meal of the day to be served by our hosts, the Drayton Court, Ealing. I chose wisely: a cheese and smokey bacon burger, Clara was more traditional, picking the ham and brie ploughman's. Both of us had opted for Carling as the first brewed liquid with which to enjoy the opening mouthfuls of our inagural Saturday sustenance.

A repeat trip to the bar became necessary after the first pint was sunk. The food was quaffed and a suitable dessert - nay a bridge to the afternoon - was required. I opted to consume Grolsch, and the young lady was steadfast on the Carling.

Noticing my new choice she pondered why I might have opted for a slightly more premium and arguably much finer lager for the relaxing post-grub accompaniament. She made her observations, considered both drinks and commented:

"Well, I suppose Carling is more of breakfast pint."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Words, thoughts, dreams & ideas, dirtySi, London, UK, from the year 2005 onward