House Of Random

Thursday, February 10, 2005


:-)

This is my happy face! Went to see Green Day in concert this week. Since I first saw them on Top of The Pops when I was like 13, I've wanted to see them live. I wanted to be them. They were the greatest band I'd ever heard, and the reason I stopped listening to Dance Music and entered the teenage angst rock-out stage of my life. I progressed through Offspring and Nirvana, and even toyed with Machine Head and Pantera. I then discovered faithless a few years later and Dance music had me back in it's clutches. But you know, Green Day remained. So did Offspring, and I think that American teenager (Idiot?) in me will always remain. I still love Blink, and Vertical Horizon and New Found Glory - and I get my shoutiness fix from Linkin Park. It's all down to Green Day, really. So seeing them live, having waited more than 10 years has had a massively profound affect on me. It's like reliving the past decade of my life. It was amazing. They played "2000 Light Years Away" - a song which I learned on the guitar their music inspired me to spend my life savings on. That feeling was irreplaceable. It saddens me to think that time of my life has passed, but there's decades left to live, and though it chokes me everytime I hear my soundtrack of thousand hopeful dreams - I live in those words and will forever. Here's to you Green Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Words, thoughts, dreams & ideas, dirtySi, London, UK, from the year 2005 onward