House Of Random

Tuesday, November 02, 2004


Tuesday

Wow, so it's Tuesday. Or toosday if you're American. American election day. I'm suprised it isn't called the World Elections, just like the Baseball World Series.

So what's happeneing? Not much apparently. Mad weekend it was, big houseparty in Birmingham, including a 9 hour dj set and all kinds of drinking. It rocked. See more on DTG's site, linked under "Friends" on the right hand side. Also check Wolkoff's site. His Halloween costume was fantastic. So much respect. Be there next Autumn (fall) buddy ;-) !!!

What else is happening? Off to see a TV show recording tonight. Comedy show, so hopefully will be entertained. Also got plans to spend some time this week at home with my folks - my Dad has been in hospital for 6 weeks, after suffering for over a year with arterial blockage. His disorder and general ill health is a long term result of smoking, which he quit 16 years ago. The damage, it seems, was done. He had to have his leg amputated in order to save his life, and he should be discharged this week. Hopefully he'll have a prosthetic limb fitted and be able to walk again. He's 67. He quit smoking when he was 50-odd after several years cutting down. He smoked for around 30 years.

In other areas I'm hoping to visit the Girlfriend on the weekend. She's a wonderful girl and muchos stressed at her final year of University (College). She has a dissertation (huge 15000 word project) to research and write, and it all seems a bit much right now. She'll be fine once she has got stuck in, and I know she'll triumph. She's a truly intelligent person. It's my job to go and offer support and help her believe it can be done. And hanging out with a beautiful girl is really good fun too :-)

I noticed this in the news: 3D Tourism. I think that'd be cool and I hope they bring it to museums and points of interest all around the world. Imagine going to see an old battle field or runied castle and having it recreated right in front of you!

Looking for a new job as well. Think it's time to do something different. Work sucks, true, but I need it to suck with different scenery.

Happy 25th Birthday to DTG as well. The guy's the bomb. Let me mention it again: the party was so rocking. Woke up at 9am passed out on the floor under the record decks. Apparently the music stopped around 6am. My memory stopped around 3am.

OK, that's me today, hopefully something random will happen tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Words, thoughts, dreams & ideas, dirtySi, London, UK, from the year 2005 onward